AUSTIN−Representative Dwayne Bohac (Houston-District 138) is pleased to announce the names of the students who will be serving as Honorary Pages during the 85th Legislative Session at the Texas State Capitol. The Honorary Pages will accompany the Full-Time Pages to interface with other Representatives and staff on the House floor and around the Capitol complex. They will receive an official badge and photo to keep as a remembrance of their special day.
Twenty-three participants were selected from the applications based on age, location, and school they attend, allowing a more diverse representation of the entire district.
The names and schools of those who will be participating in the 2017 Honorary Page Program are:
- Alejandro Bueno, Stratford High School
- Garrett Davis, Truitt Middle School
- Margaret Davis, Kirk Elementary
- Abigail Escalante, Lanier Middle School
- Parrish Facciponte, Second Baptist School
- Katie Hartwell, Houston Christian High School
- Caleb Howell, Memorial High School
- Weston Howell, Spring Oaks Middle School
- Joaquin McFarland, Garden Oaks Montessori
- Ryan McIntire, St. Cecilia Catholic School
- Laura Anne McReynolds, Homeschool/Lone Star College
- Brooke Naumann, Garden Oaks Montessori
- Gregory Naumann, Garden Oaks Montessori
- Janelle Naumann, Garden Oaks Montessori
- Catherine Penfold, Garden Oaks Montessori
- Addison Perry, Garden Oaks Montessori
- Houston Perry, Garden Oaks Montessori
- Evan Proctor, Second Baptist School
- Anjelina Ramirez, Pine Shadows Elementary
- Clayton Ratlief, St. Cecilia Catholic School
- Asher Rigo, Second Baptist School
- Cara Schwinger, Memorial High School
- Darian Slabbaert, Aristoi Classical Academy
“I have been involved in public service from an early age," Bohac commented. "In high school I had the opportunity serve as a winter intern in Congressman Bill Archer's Washington, D.C. office. It is that enlightening experience that ultimately led me to become committed to public service. My heart-felt intent is to provide a similar experience to the young people of my district."
This is the fourth legislative session that Bohac has hosted area students for the Honorary Page Program.
"We are happy to sponsor students from District 138 for our Session Page Program and look forward to their representing our district at the Capitol," Bohac concluded.